What personal information about customers do we gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us.
• Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
• Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Harley of Scotland. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience at Harley of Scotland if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
E-mail communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Harley of Scotland if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please unsubscribe using the link that appears at the bottom of every email.
What about cookies?
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Bag between visits.
• The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Harley of Scotland's most innovative and useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on while using the site.
How secure is information about me?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission using a reputable external E-Commerce online payment processing provider, in this case, Stripe.
• Stripe reveals only the last four digits of your credit card number when Stripe contacts us to confirm an order. Of course, Stripe transmits the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing, but this is completely secure and cannot be seen by us or anyone else but yourself.
• We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What about links to other websites?
Our site may include links to other websites. Harley Of Scotland does not provide any customer information to these third-parties.
Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
If you choose to visit Harley of Scotland, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Conditions of Use and Sale, including limitations on damages and application of the laws of Scotland. If you have any concern about privacy at Harley of Scotland, please email a thorough description to email@example.com and we will try to resolve the issue for you.